As a final touch and the continuation of earlier Windows IoT for Galileo – Sensors to Server, This blog explain you on how to retrieve sensor data from Azure storage table services that already have sensor data pushed from Galileo Windows IoT.
- Visual studio 2013 with Windows phone 8.1 SDK.
- NuGet package for Windows Azure Storage services version 4.3.0 and its dependencies.
Building the Windows Phone 8.1 sensor receiver application
- Create a C# “Black App (Windows Phone Silverlight)” solution, let’s named as SensorReceiver. You can download the source code from the below codeplex link.
- Install the Windows Azure Storage services version 4.3.0 NuGet packages as shown on the prerequisites from the package manager console.
- Install-Package windowsAzure.Storage –version 4.3.0
- You can download and go through the source code for how to retrieving sensors data from azure storage table. Refer StorageSensor.cs file in the codeplex release package.
- Build the application and run it in either developer unlocked WP8.1 phone or WP8.1 emulator.
Fig: Sensor data received in Windows Phone 8.1 Application
- Windows IoT for Galileo – Sensors to Server
- Windows IoT on Galileo – Accessing Azure storage services
- Windows IoT on Galileo – Connecting Adafruit 10DOF IMU Breakout Part – 1
- Windows IoT on Galileo – Connecting Adafruit 10DOF IMU Breakout Part-2
Enjoy the complete End to End demo for Windows IoT from sensors, device ( Galileo) , Azure and Windows Phone 8.1.